Dear world competitors,
The staff of skydive Dädalus wishes you a warm welcome. We are happy and proud to be chosen as the place of the 13th WPMC in the 50th year of the POPS society.
What a great date. We are giving all our energy and experience to make this event an unforgettable one. We know that besides the competition, safe jumping and time spent with friends is a big part of what makes the POPS society and its WPMC so great. We try to act with these ideas in mind to provide you with a good home during your stay in the Eisenach area. Multiple nations together in peaceful competition is a rare thing. To make the very best out of it, we please ask for your input, wishes and critiques especially before but also during and after the meet by phone, email or in person. We are trying to make everything run smoothly…
On this HP you will find all the necessary information, incl. jumping, accommodation, food…. Anyway feel free to contact us if you have any unanswered questions.
The registration is open. Register and see! You will have the opportunity to post a photo and general information about yourself and to see who else is attending the meet in August 2016.
Like on the prior WPMC we are planning a one day trip with everybody. Beside that there are two more organised trips planned for the partners. Of course there is a lot more to explore in the area, if you would like information on places to visit please feel free to ask. Before the opening ceremony on Friday, we have planned a basic welcome barbeque on Thursday evening. The opening ceremony and award giving / farewell dinner will be held at the DZ.
Two new things are being introduced:
- After the end of each single discipline a ‘flower ceremony’ will be held straight after at the landing area. So the champions feel some fame before the big award ceremony on Saturday.
- Wednesday night will be 50 years POPS society ‘talk show’. No special meal plans but picture, videos and talks. A little tribute which will be worth attending.
Our DZ will be open almost all of July and August so training before the meet is no problem (and very much welcomed). We would appreciate it if you informed us about your plans prior to arriving. From Monday on after the meet, bigger organised formations are possible (records not forbidden).There will be a constant flow of news to keep you up to date with what is happening. Next spring every single person will receive a personal mail with some questions to answer, so we can prepair the best way.
Stay safe, have fun, hope to see you in Eisenach.
Christoph Aarns / Skydive Dädalus / Meet Director
Hello to all Skydivers over 40 !
The Parachutists Over Phorty Society or POPS is a club for skydivers, who have reached the age of forty. The first POPS was founded in 1966 in the USA. POPS are now found in many countries around the world.
Smaller groups within POPS are SOS – Skydivers Over Sixty, JOS – Jumpers Over Seventy
and there are even some members of JOES – Jumpers Over Eighty Society and
JONS – Jumpers Over Ninety Society.
Every two years a World POPS Meet and Championships takes place.
- first 1990 in Australia, Ettamoogah Pub, Albury, New South Wales
- 1993 Umatilla, Florida USA, Skydive Orlando.
- 1995 Empuriabrava, Spain, Centro de Paracaidismo de Costa Brava.
- 1997 Aqaba, Jordan, Royal Jordanian Parachute Club.
- 1999 Chilliwack, Canada, British Columbia, Fraser Valley Skydiving Centre.
- 2002 Matamata, New Zealand.
- 2004 Gruyeres, Switzerland, Epagny Aerodrome.
- 2006 Eloy, Arizona, USA, Skydive Arizona. First Competition 4-way Nationals.
- 2008 Toogoolawah, Australia, Queensland, Skydive Ramblers.
- 2010 Reggio Emilia, Italy, Body Flight University Parachuting School.
- 2012 Teuge, Netherlands.
- 2014 San Juan City, Argentina, Centro de Aviacion Civil.
The 13th WPMC will take place at Fallschirmsport Dädalus, Airport Eisenach-Kindel,
Germany in 2016.
1966 to 2016 “Fifty Years POPS”.
Welcome Competitors and Partners. WPMC are an opportunity to renew old friendships, make new friends and take part in friendly competitions with POPS members from all over the world.
Volker CORNILS, World TopPOP #10